Rise Park Out of School Club
Breakfast club sessions run from 7.30am and are located in the Junior School. Each session cost £4 and children are provided with a variety of breakfast choices as well as session activities.
Children can be dropped off at anytime from 7.30am until 8.30am. Once the session has finished our staff will supervise the children to their classrooms where they will be signed over to their class teacher.
If you would like to reserve a regular session then a holding deposit of £20 will be required per child. This will be returned when the services are no longer required.
Payments can be made daily, weekly or monthly and we accept cash, cheques, bank payments and childcare vouchers.
Cheques should be made payable to Rise Park Out of School Club.
Children will be encouraged to select one item from each group per breakfast meal.
- Unsweetened/pure fruit juice
- Water (especially if the children are very active at the club)
- Semi-skimmed milk (not skimmed)
Cereals(own brands may be used in preference to commercial brands)
- Fruit & Fibre
- Rice Krispies
- Coco Pops
Breads(served with polyunsaturated spread)
- Wholemeal toast/bread
- Malt loaf
- Fruit (grapes, kiwi, apple, melon, banana etc)
- Tinned fruit in natural juice
- Fromage Frais
- Marmalade, Jam, Honey, Marmite, Chocolate Spread
Breakfast Club Ethos
Our breakfast club should:
- encourage the involvement of everyone from pupils to families, carers,teachers, and the wider community
- encourage social interaction in an informal environment among children, peers, parents, carers, volunteers and staff
- be clearly structured and organised with agreed rules, membership and roles and responsibilities for all involved
- be dedicated to non-breakfast activities such as skills-based play (e.g.road safety activities, co-operative games) and health promoting activities(e.g. tooth-brushing, hand-washing, physical activity games)
- be committed to developing and implementing strategies to promote the inclusion and safety of all children
- be committed to developing and implementing strategies related to creating a health promoting schools on going development and sustainability
- be committed to the capacity building of volunteers and other staff through training, general support and co-ordination
- be connected with related initiatives taking place at both policy and practice levels within the school and wider community